The U.S. Embassy in Tokyo encourages Japanese companies interested in opening an office or facility in the United States to attend the 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit. U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo will host this year’s Summit, which will take place at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland from June 26-29, 2022. It is the highest-profile event in the United States dedicated to promoting foreign direct investment.
Participants from Japan will be able to:
- Explore interactive exhibitor showcases featuring Economic Development Organizations (EDOs), service providers, industry experts, and international tech startups.
- Network with 50+ states and territories, companies from 80+ markets, speakers, government officials and more; set up one-on-one or group meetings and make your investment deals happen.
- Learn from policy and industry experts in 100+ sessions providing you with actionable information on everything from developing a workforce to understanding incentives.
- Meet and form valuable partnerships with industry partners from across the United States.
- Join one of eight JETRO sponsored site visits to experience what different regions have to offer in terms of business opportunities and industries.
The 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit continues its commitment to feature exciting opportunities with innovation and entrepreneurship at the forefront.
- SelectUSA Tech (PDF) returns to connect early-stage and startup technology companies to prospects for advancement in the U.S. market, where participants can exhibit at branded booths, upload a product and service demo video, and apply to pitch in from of a panel of judges, and much more.
- Select Global Women in Tech (SGWIT), launched at the 2021 Investment Summit, returns for its second year! Geared towards international female founders, entrepreneurs, and executives in the technology sector, SGWIT participants will participate in matchmaking with mentors to help them develop a market entry strategy, tailor their product and promotion for success in the U.S. market, have access to an exclusive networking platform, and hear from successful global female founders.
- Addressing Climate Change: in recognition of the importance of global climate priorities, sessions are being organized to bring together stakeholders in clean energy and key sectors such as advanced batteries, energy storage, civil nuclear energy, offshore wind, and semiconductors.
Join us to be part of history and take advantage of all the information, innovation, and investment opportunities that the 2022 Investment Summit has in store. Apply now.
Please send questions to SelectUSAJapan@trade.gov.
English Flyer (PDF)