An official website of the United States government

Thank you for submitting your inquiry

Please note that this inquiry form is for the submission of inquiries for routine U.S. Citizen Services. If you are a U.S. citizen in Japan seeking emergency assistance, please see here: https://jp.usembassy.gov/contact/#emergencies.  

Please contact the following offices for questions on:  

U.S. Visas: For general information on visas, please visit our website at https://jp.usembassy.gov/visas/ . If you have questions about U.S. visas, please contact the Visa Information Call Center at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/jp/jp-main-contactus.asp. 

Green Card holders and Lawful Permanent Residents(LPR): Information about maintaining permanent resident status or reentry permit is available on the U.S. Embassy’s website at https://jp.usembassy.gov/visas/#GCholders.  Questions regarding green cards, reentry permits and naturalization should be directed to USCIS office in the U.S. as there is no USCIS field office in Japan. Their contact information is listed at https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us 

ESTA:  If you have inquiries regarding ESTA registration, ESTA correction or ESTA denials, please check Frequently Asked Questions on the U.S. Embassy Tokyo website at https://jp.usembassy.gov/visas/#VWP.  

Please note that ESTA is administered by U.S. Customs and Boarder Protection or CBP.  The Embassy is not able to check the status of an ESTA application or provide details about ESTA denials.     

For more information, please contact CBP through its inquiry form at help.cbp.gov/s/questions or call Travel Communications Center at 1-202-325-5120 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.    

Social Security: For questions about Social Security numbers, replacement cards and all other federal benefits-related questions, please fill out this online inquiry form. 

SOFA-related issues: Please contact your chain of command or U.S. Forces Japan directly.