Welcome to SelectUSA Japan
What is SelectUSA?
The United States is the largest destination for foreign direct investment in the world. The SelectUSA initiative showcases the United States as the world’s premier business location and provides easy access to federal and state-level programs and services related to business investment. SelectUSA is designed to complement the activities of our states – the primary drivers of economic development in the United States. SelectUSA seeks to highlight the many advantages the United States offers as a location for business and investment. From a vast domestic market, to a transparent legal system, to the most innovative companies in the world, America is the place for business. On the SelectUSA website, you can browse business incentives offered by different states and territories.
SelectUSA services include:
- Information and Counseling – SelectUSA provides counseling, data, and customized reports on a wide range of topics as well as information on federal resources, rules and regulations.
- Connections – SelectUSA makes direct introductions and provides platforms and networking opportunities to connect companies with the right people, from state, local and tribal government.
- Assistance Navigating the Federal System – As chair of the Federal Interagency Investment Working Group, SelectUSA can assist companies to address issues involving federal regulations or programs related to existing and potential projects.
For more resources on investing in the United States please visit our website, www.selectusa.gov.
Why Invest in the United States?
The United States unequivocally supports foreign direct investment, and provides foreign investors fair, equitable, and nondiscriminatory treatment as a matter of policy, law, and practice.
Investing in the United States has many advantages. With more than 325 million people and the largest economy in the world, the United States has one the most important markets for any global company. The American workforce ranks as one of the best educated, most productive, and most innovative in the world. As a place to do business, the United States offers a predictable and transparent legal system, abundant resources, and access to capital and the world’s most lucrative consumer market.
Japan is the second largest source of FDI into the United States. The total stock of FDI from Japan to the United States is $414 billion, over 80 percent of all FDI in the United States that originates in Asia-Pacific. Please see the fact sheet of FDI from Japan to the United States.
How Can We Help?
The SelectUSA Japan Team, Tokyo based Junko Chino and Osaka based Yuko Nakaoka, are ready to assist you. Please email SelectUSAJapan@trade.gov with your inquiries about attracting Japanese investment into your region.
Browse through SelectUSA’s free online resource here.
For a list of economic development representatives across the United States, please click here.
For more information on investment destinations with a presence in Japan, please visit: American State Offices Association Japan.
Event Highlights & Report
- 2019 SelectUSA Inventment Summit Highlights
- 2018 SelectUSA Inventment Summit Highlights
- 2017 SelectUSA Inventment Summit Highlights
- 2017 SelectUSA Investment Summit Report
The 4th SelectUSA Investment Summit, highest profile event for FDI took place June 18-20, 2017 in Washington DC.
The Japan delegation set record for number of registrants.
- Southern Hospitality Helps Japanese Firm Find Kentucky Home (Share.America.gov)
- 2016 SelectUSA Inventment Summit Highlights
Potential and current investors are also invited to contact the SelectUSA representatives in Japan or Washington, D.C.:
U.S. Embassy Tokyo
U.S. Consulate General Osaka-Kobe
You can also visit our website at www.selectusa.gov.