International Exchange Alumni
The U.S. Embassy in Japan and the U.S. Consulate Fukuoka sponsor a variety of international exchange programs each year, in conjunction with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). These people-to-people exchanges are designed to enhance mutual understanding between the U.S. and other nations.
The Department of State is committed to supporting alumni of these programs by providing resources that will help them to build upon their exchange experience.
U.S. government-sponsored (USG) exchange program participants and alumni living in Japan have a number of opportunities to be involved in post-exchange activities, and receive access to specialized resources such as:
- Seminars held at the U.S. Consulate/Fukuoka American Center
- TOMODACHI leadership and mentoring programs
- Information Resource Center, Information Alerts and EducationUSA services
Global Alumni Online Community
International Exchange Alumni is the State Department’s official website for alumni of exchange programs sponsored by the U.S. government. The International Exchange Alumni online community recognizes the achievements of exchange alumni and provides them access to exclusive benefits including:
- Funding: Access $33 billion in grant opportunities.
- Connect with more than 100,000 global alumni already registered on the website.
- Chat with VIP guests during regular Digital Dialogue webchats.
- Digital Library: Want to read the New York Times newspaper online or listen to it in 12 different languages? Now you can, as well as 20,000 other magazines and periodicals!
Alumni are encouraged to register for the site and gain access to these membership benefits. Only verified alumni of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs are able to access these benefits.
Who Can Join?
You are an alumnus(a) of a U.S. government-sponsored exchange program if you have participated in at least one of the following programs: International Visitor Leadership Program, Fulbright Programs, eTeacher Program and others. Find out on the registration site.