The American Center Japan (ACJ) is the U.S. Embassy Tokyo’s dedicated public diplomacy (PD) and outreach venue. The ACJ hosts lectures, film screenings and other events on topics of importance to the U.S.-Japan relationship. The ACJ is also open to the public on a daily basis (13:00-17:00) with no appointment required. We offer access to information on American culture, society, and policy and also information about how to study in the United States, with dedicated educational advisers on hand to help you research U.S. colleges and universities (please make an appointment in advance to meet with an EducationUSA adviser). The American Center is equipped with free wi-fi, public computers, and an ideal environment in which to work on a school project or collaborate with classmates or colleagues. Please click on the link below for information on our upcoming events.
Activities (Via AmericanCenterJapan.com)
Hours and Location:
American Center Japan
Nomura Fudosan Tameike Bldg. 8F
1-1-14 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052
- Hours for walk-ins : 13:00 – 17:00 (Monday through Friday )
- Please check americancenterjapan.com for current information on our business hours
- Please Note: We cannot answer inquiries concerning visas, passports, and immigration.
American Center Japan can meet information needs of Japanese professionals in the news media, academia, think tanks, government agencies, and the public.
For those who wish to receive periodic information bulletins from us, we offer the U.S. Info Alert e-mail service.
- Please make appointments for research or reference assistance by email: AmCtrJapan@state.gov
- Inquiry form
- Tel: 03-5545-7435 (Mon, Wed & Fri 13:00-17:00)