- White House
- Executive Office of the President
- Office of Management and Budget
- United States Trade Representative
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Commerce
- Economic & Statistics Administration
- Bureau of the Census
- Statistical Abstract
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
- Bureau of Industry and Security
- International Trade Administration (ITA)
- Minority Business Development Agency
- National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
- National Telecommunications & Information Administration
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Weather Service
- Patent & Trademark Office
- Patent & Trademark Depository Library Program
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Office of Environmental Management
- Office of Fossil Energy
- Office of Nuclear Energy, Science and Technology
- Energy Information Administration (EIA)
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Center for Health Statistics
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Library of Medicine (NLM)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Department of the Interior
- Department of Justice
- Department of Labor
- Department of State
- Bureau of Arms Control
- Bureau of Nonproliferation
- Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs
- Bureau of South Asian Affairs
- Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs
- Bureau of International Organization Affairs
- Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor
- Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs
- Department of Transportation
- Department of the Treasury
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Senate
- Senate Committees
- U.S. House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Congressional Budget Office
- Government Accountability Office
- Government Printing Office
- Library of Congress
- THOMAS: Legislative Information on the Internet
- Legislative Branch Internet Resources
Congressional Publications icj
Congressional Pictorial Directories
- United States Courts Official Web site of the Federal Judiciary
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court Decisions from the Legal Information Institute, Cornell University, which includes historic decisions back to the 1800s.
U.S. Court of Appeals Decisions
- First Circuit
- Second Circuit
- Third Circuit
- Fourth Circuit
- Fifth Circuit
- Sixth Circuit
- Seventh Circuit
- Eighth Circuit
- Ninth Circuit
- Tenth Circuit
- Eleventh Circuit
Other Government Agencies
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
- American Battle Monuments Commission
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Farm Credit Administration
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Federal Election Commission (FEC)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Dept. of Homeland Security
- Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Federal Reserve System
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- General Services Administration (GSA)
- Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB)
- National Aeronautic and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
- National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment For The Humanities
- National Mediation Board
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- Peace Corps
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Postal Rate Commission
- Railroad Retirement Board (RRB)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Selective Service System (SSS)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Smithsonian Institution
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- U.S. Agency For International Development (USAID)
- U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC)
- U.S. Office of Government Ethics (USOGE)
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management
- U.S. Office of Special Counsel
- U.S. Postal Service (USPS)
- Voice of America (VOA)
U.S. Military Links
- U.S. Forces Japan (Yokota)
- Commander, Naval Forces Japan (Yokosuka)
- Marine Corps Bases Japan (Okinawa)
- U.S. Army Japan (Zama)
- U.S. Pacific Command (Hawaii)
- U.S. Coast Guard, Far East
- AFN Tokyo (American Forces Network)
- Stars and Stripes
- Department of Defense (DefenseLink)
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Navy
- U.S. Marine Corps
State and Local Governments
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Baltic Marine Environment Protection Commission (Helsinki Commission)
- Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- International Court of Justice (ICJ)
- International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL)
- International Development Association (IDA)
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- International Labor Organization (ILO)
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- International Whaling Commission (IWC)
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Organization of American States
- Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
- United Nations (UN)
- Official WEB Site Locator for the UNITED NATIONS System of Organizations
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD)
- U.N. Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- United Nations University (UNU)
- Universal Postal Union (UPU)
- The World Bank
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Tourism Organization (WTO)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- AAAS R&D Budget and Policy Project
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) R&D Budget and Policy Project sponsors studies and colloquia on funding and policy issues affecting R&D.
- American Enterprise Institute (AEI)
The AEI sponsors original research on government policy, the American economy, and American politics. The Institute is an independent, nonpartisan organization.
- Asia/Pacific Research Center (A/PARC)
The A/PARC is a research and training program within Stanford University’s Institute for International Studies, focusing on contemporary economic, political, technological, strategic, and social issues of importance to Asia and to the interactions of the United States with nations in the region.
- The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is an international nonprofit educational institution dedicated to enhancing the quality of leadership through informed dialogue. It convenes people who represent diverse viewpoints and backgrounds from business, labor, government, the professions, the arts, and the nonprofit sector.
- The Arms Control Association (ACA)
The ACA, founded in 1971, is a national nonpartisan membership organization dedicated to promoting public understanding of and support for effective arms control policies. Through its magazine,Arms Control Today,ACA provides authoritative information, analysis and commentary on arms control proposals, negotiations and agreements, and related national security issues.
- The Atlas Economic Research Foundation
The Atlas serves the international market-oriented think tank movement. To realize its goal of bringing freedom to the world, Atlas helps develop local think tanks that can elevate the level of discussion on public policy issues by performing and promoting principled, unbiased research.
- Baker Institute for Public Policy
The Baker Institute for Public Policy, named in honor of James A. Baker, III, a former Secretary of State and Secretary of the Treasury, is to advance effective foreign and domestic policy by bringing the worlds of ideas and action, through research, education and public outreach.
- Benton Foundation
The Benton Foundation works to realize the social benefits made possible by the public interest use of communications. It conducts research on the emerging communications environment and to demonstrate the value of communications for solving social problems.
- Brookings Institution
The Brookings Institution is a private, independent, nonprofit research organization. It seeks to improve the performance of American institutions, the effectiveness of government programs, and the quality of U.S. public policies; addresses current and emerging policy challenges and offers practical recommendations for dealing with them.
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (CEIP)
The CEIP is a tax-exempt operating (not grant-making) foundation. It conducts programs of research, discussion, publication, and education in international affairs and U.S. foreign policy, and publishes the quarterly magazine, FOREIGN POLICY.
- The Carter Center
The Carter Center, in partnership with Emory University, is guided by a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering; it seeks to prevent and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health.
- Cato Institute
The Cato Institute is a nonpartisan public policy research foundation. The Institute undertakes an extensive publications program dealing with the complete spectrum of policy issues, including the federal budget, Social Security, monetary policy, natural resource policy, military spending,regulation, NATO, international trade.
- Center for Defense Information (CDI)
The CDI, independent monitor of the military, is a private, nongovernmental, research organization. which analyzes military spending, policies, and weapons systems.
- Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT)
The CDT’s mission is to develop public policies that preserve and advance democratic values and constitutional civil liberties on the Internet and other interactive communications media.
- Center for National Policy (CNP)
The CNP is a non-profit, non-partisan public policy organization dedicated to promoting the public interest, focusing activities in four program areas: economic analysis, equal opportunity, community studies and foreign policy.
- Center for Nonproliferation Studies
Center for Nonproliferation Studies, a part of Monterey Institute of International Studies, is the non-governmental organization devoted to curbing the spread of weapons of mass destruction, dedicated to graduate education and research on nonproliferation issues.
- Center for Public Integrity
The Center for Public Integrity is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization. It confronts the national crisis of confidence in the political process.
- Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS)
The CSIS is a public policy research institution dedicated to policy analysis and impact. covering key functional areas, such as international finance, the emerging markets, U.S. domestic and economic policy and U.S. foreign policy and national security issues.
- The Century Foundation
The Century Foundation, formerly Twentieth Century Fund, is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research foundation. It undertakes critical analyses of major economic, political, and social institutions and issues, and provides progressive public policy.
- Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI)
The CEI is a non-profit public policy organization dedicated to the principles of free enterprise and limited government.
- Council on Competitiveness
The Council on Competitiveness is a nonpartisan, nonprofit forum of chief executives from the business, university and labor communities working together to set a national action agenda for U.S. leadership in global markets, technological innovation, and education and training that will raise the standard of living of all Americans.
- Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
The CFR is a nonpartisan membership organization, research center, and publisher. It is dedicated to increasing America’s understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy.
- East-West Center
The East-West Center is a public, non-profit education and research institution. It works to promote better relations and understanding between the United States and the nations and peoples of Asia and the Pacific through cooperative study, training and research.
- Economic Policy Institute
The Economic Policy Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank that seeks to broaden the public debate about strategies to achieve a prosperous and fair economy.
- Economic Strategy Institute
The Economic Strategy Institute is an activist think tank, developing briefing papers, articles, commentary, and books on pertinent topics. Key to ESI’s agenda are trade, competitiveness and economic policy issues.
- Federation of American Scientists (FAS)
The FAS, a privately-funded non-profit policy organization, conducts analysis and advocacy on science, technology and public policy, including nuclear weapons, arms sales, biological hazards, secrecy, and space policy.
- Foreign Policy Institute (FPI)
The FPI, an integral part of The Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, is a research organization to unite the worlds of scholarship and public affairs in the search for realistic answers to international issues facing the United States and the world.
- Foreign Policy Research Institute(FPRI)
Founded in 1955, FPRI is devoted to bringing the insights of scholarship to bear on the development of policies that advance U.S. national interests.
- The Henry L. Stimson Center
The Stimson Center is a nonprofit, nonpartisan institution devoted to public policy research. The center concentrates on particularly difficult national and international security issues where policy, technology, and politics intersect.
- The Heritage Foundation
The Heritage Foundation is a research and educational institute whose mission is to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense.
- Institute for Defense Analysis (IDA)
The IDA, a nonprofit corporation, promotes national security and the public interest and assists the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Staff, the unified commands and defense agencies in addressing important national security issues, particularly those requiring scientific and technical expertise.
- Institute for International Economics (IIE)
The IIE is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan research institution devoted to the study of international economic policy.
- Institute for International Studies (IIS)
The Institute for International Studies at Stanford University seeks solutions to real-world, international problems through research and teaching programs that bring together faculty and students from different disciplines and schools.
- Institute for Policy Innovation (IPI)
The IPI is a non-profit, non-partisan public policy “think tank.” Its purpose is to research, develop and promote innovative and non-partisan solutions to today’s public policy problems.
- International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS)
The IISS is an independent center for research, information and debate on the problems of conflict. Its work is grounded in an appreciation of the various political, economic and social problems that can lead to instability, as well as the factors that can lead to international cooperation.
- The Jerome Levy Economics Institute of Bard College
The Jerome Levy Economics Institute of Bard College is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, independently funded research organization devoted to public service.
- Monterey Institute of International Studies see Center for Nonproliferation Studies
- Miller Center of Public Affairs
The Miller Center of Public Affairs is a non-partisan research center at the University of Virginia that studies the national and international policies of the United States, with a special focus on American presidents and the presidency.
- National Academies
The National Academies consist of four organizations: the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Engineering, the Institute of Medicine, and the National Research Council. The great majority of the studies carried out by the National Academies are at the request of government agencies.
- National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR)
The NBR is a nonprofit, nonpartisan institution that conducts advanced research utilizing the world’s premier specialists on Asia and Russia. It also serves as the international clearing house on expertise and important policy issues concerning the region.
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER)
The NBER, a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization, promotes and disseminates unbiased economic research among public policymakers, business professionals, and the academic community.
- National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
The NED is a private, nonprofit organization created in 1983 to strengthen democratic institutions around the world through nongovernmental efforts.
- National Institute for Public Policy (NIPP)
The NIPP, a non-profit public education organization founded in 1981, devotes its agenda to assessing U.S. foreign and defense polices in this new environment.
- National Research Council see National Academies
- Nuatilus Institute for Security and Sustainable Development
Nautilus is a non-profit organization funded primarily by grants and research contracts and produces reports, organizes seminars, and provides educational and training services for policymakers, media, researchers and community groups.
- Nixon Center
The Nixon Center, created by former President Richard Nixon, is a private, non-partisan research organization which explores ways of enhancing American security and prosperity.
- Progressive Policy Institute (PPI)
The PPI, a part of the Democratic Leadership Council, promotes a new progressive politics for America in the 21st century through its research, policies, and commentary.
- Public Agenda
Public Agenda is a nonpartisan, nonprofit public opinion research and citizen education organization based in New York City. It was founded in 1975 by social scientist and author Daniel Yankelovich and former Secretary of State Cyrus Vance.
RAND is a nonprofit institution that helps policymakers strengthen the nation’s economy, maintain its security, and improve its quality of life by helping them make choices in education, health care, national defense, and criminal and civil justice.
- The Strategic Studies Institute (SSI)
The SSI is the primary research faculty of the U.S. Army War College. It identifies international security issues, analyzes national security issues, and informs Army leaders of policy options. It also provides the U.S. Army with a source of ideas, criticism, innovative approaches, and independent analyses.
- The Twentieth Century Fund see The Century Foundation
- United States Institute of Peace (USIP)
The USIP is an independent, nonpartisan federal institution created and funded by Congress to strengthen the nation’s capacity to promote the peaceful resolution of international conflict.
- The Urban Institute
The Urban Institute is a nonprofit policy research organization which sharpens thinking about society’s problems and efforts to solve them, improve government decisions and their implementation, and increase citizens’ awareness about important public choices.
- World Resources Institute (WRI)
The WRI is an independent center for policy research and technical assistance on global environmental and development issues.
- World Watch Institute
The Worldwatch Institute is dedicated to fostering the evolution of an environmentally sustainable society through the conduct of inter-disciplinary non-partisan research on emerging global environmental issues.
Resources on U.S. Travel
Various travel resources including a reservations service, destination guides, and special fare bargains.
- Yahoo! Travel:
Useful labeled categories and subtopics provide an easy access to all things to all travelers.
Based on its print counterpart. The customized 99 vacation destinations are available here.
Schedules and fares for the Amtrak rail travel.
Full bus fare and schedule information on the web.
- Practical Travel Resources from the IIP’s publication “Information USA”
Listing of non-government organizations, institutions on this page do not imply USG endorsement of these services or organizations.