Kansai American Center

The Kansai American Center (KAC) is the public affairs office of the American Consulate General Osaka-Kobe and handles all aspects of public diplomacy, using a wide range of programs and activities in press, information, culture and education. The KAC provides up-to-date and accurate information about the United States to over 17 prefectures in western Japan, one-fifth of the total population of the country and includes the Kinki, Shikoku, Chugoku and Hokuriku regions.

The Kansai American Center promotes the U.S.-Japan relationship through various programs and activities. Experts on the United States come to the KAC to conduct open exchanges of views on issues of common interest for both countries, such as: American politics, economics and trade, society, culture, and the environment, as well as U.S.-Japan relations, international relations, U.S. foreign policy, security, and American Studies. Our programs are designed to inform the Japanese public about U.S. culture, policy and press issues. If interested in attending our programs click here and visit our Facebook page or our Twitter.

The Kansai American Center Reference Service (KACRS) handles inquiries from the general Japanese public regarding the United States, particularly in the fields of U.S. policies, U.S.-Japan relations, international relations, security, politics, economics, law, and social problems, among others. The KACRS is also an EducationUSA resource center. Click here for more information on Study in the U.S.or visit the website of the American Center Japan.

Kansai American Center Reference Service

The Kansai American Center Reference Service provides research and reference services for Japanese officials, scholars, journalists, researchers, and professionals on various aspects of United States policy: international relations, especially U.S.-Japan economic and security relations, U.S. society, values and politics, and global issues. For specific queries, please use the link to the online form below.

Online form for inquiries

Please Note: We do NOT answer inquiries concerning visas and immigration. All such inquiries must be referred to “Visas to the U.S.”