Welcome to the American Citizen Services unit of the U.S. Consulate General in Sapporo! We are here to provide information and services to U.S. citizens living or visiting in Hokkaido, as well as Aomori, Akita, Iwate and Miyagi prefectures in the Tohoku Region of Japan.
Before or after you arrive in Japan, we encourage you to register with us at the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). This provides us with timely information to make contact with you or your family in the case of an emergency or natural disaster.
All non-emergency services are provided by appointment only. The Consulate General is closed on both American and Japanese holidays.
To make or cancel an appointment for passports, reports of birth or notarial services (Sapporo), please click here.
Note: For notarial services, please select “Schedule an appointment for any passport services …” and write “Notarial service requested” in the “Name of non-applicant …” field in your request.
Currently no slots are utilized for “Schedule an appointment for notarial services.”
If you have any questions, please call 011-641-1115 or e-mail SapporoACS@state.gov.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) of U.S. Citizens
- U.S. Passport services
- Notaries and signature certifications
- Single Affidavit for Marriage in Japan
- Social Security and other Federal benefits
- Consular Report of Death of U.S. Citizen Abroad
We can also provide U.S. citizens with information about:
- Attorneys in Sapporo, Hokkaido and Northern Tohoku Areas
- Doctors and Hospitals in Sapporo, Hokkaido and Northern Tohoku Areas
- Radiation, Health and Food Safety Information Post-Fukushima
- Other Services and Information
If we are not able to assist you, we will try to direct you to the appropriate offices that can.