The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo, Japan is pleased to announce its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program. In Fiscal Year (FY) 2024, we open these opportunities listed below for you to submit your proposal.
1) Annual Program Statement (APS)
Through APS, proposals are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year and will be reviewed quarterly. Proposals that address the key strategic interests below may be approved for funding outside the Notice of Funding Opportunity cycle.
- Security – Modernize the Alliance, which underpins regional security and the Indo-Pacific Strategy.
- Economic – Advance American prosperity and economic security, including through global and regional cooperation.
- Homeland – Protect the homeland and American citizens abroad by enhancing consular services, and law enforcement cooperation.
- People to People – Increase Japanese alignment with U.S. policy objectives and boost long-term ties that underpin broader security, economic, and global cooperation.
* Please see the details of APS here.
2) Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFO)
Annually, awards are granted through project specific “Notice of Funding Opportunities.” Please see the announcements below for objectives, requirements, and projected total amount of funding for each of the project category of our FY2024 funding priorities.
Please read the NOFO that you are applying for very carefully and submit your application package to TokyoPASGrants@state.gov in English by the due date (Japan Standard Time).
Current FY2024 NOFOs
Past FY2024 NOFOs
Past FY2023 NOFOs