Happy Father’s Day! This weekend, President Obama and the First Family headed to Yosemite National Park for a summer adventure to celebrate 100 years of the National Park Service. See more from their trip at go.wh.gov/ParksTrip.
“I want to make sure that the whole world is able to pass on to future generations the God-given beauty of this planet.”
– President Obama
From scenic rivers and epic wildernesses to national battlefields, America’s awe-inspiring public lands encompass so much more than the 59 well-known national parks. In fact, there are more than 400 national parks, 560 national wildlife refugees, 154 national forests and nearly 250 million acres of other public lands out there to explore.
That’s why, as the First Family heads to Carlsbad Caverns National Park and Yosemite National Park this weekend, we’re encouraging all of you to join in by sharing photos and videos of your favorite parks – your next adventure may be closer than you think!
Here’s how you can celebrate alongside the President and the First Family this weekend:
- Plan your visit: Find your nearest adventure at findyourpark.com
- Spread the word: Share your favorite park using the hashtag #FindYourPark!
- Get to know America’s public lands with this handy guide. From California’s epic King Range Conservation Area all the way to Washington D.C.’s Thomas Jefferson Memorial, this is your one-stop-shop for what you need to know before your next adventure.
- In Photos: President Obama Designates 3 National Monuments in California
- Teachers: Find lesson plans about America’s National Parks
- Get Inspired by President Obama and Discover America’s National Parks
- Fact Sheet: Obama Administration Recognizes the 100th Anniversary and Economic Benefits of America’s National Parks