President Barack Obama visited Malaysia Nov. 20-22 for summit meetings with ASEAN and other allies in the region. The President spoke to a group of young people in a town hall event as well as at the ASEAN Business and Investment Summit. The President signed a Joint Statement on the ASEAN-U.S. Strategic Partnership.
Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe also attended a Nov. 22 summit meeting on the sidelines of the ASEAN event in Kuala Lumpur. Abe met with President Obama at a Japan-U.S. bilateral as well as a meeting of countries participating in the Trans-Pacific Partnership, where President Obama expressed his appreciation for the U.S.-Japan Alliance.
- The President Speaks at the ASEAN Business and Investment Summit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on November 21, 2015 (Video)
- Fact Sheet: US-ASEAN Economic Engagement
- Joint Statement on the ASEAN-U.S. Strategic Partnership
- Fact Sheet: U.S.-ASEAN Relations
- Remarks by President Obama at the Dignity for Children Foundation
- Remarks by President Obama Before U.S.-ASEAN Meeting