Location: U.S. Consulate General Naha
Event: A planned protest by the Citizens Group Against Worldwide War is scheduled to take place Friday, October 20, 2023, from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Approximately 30 protesters are expected. Although police expect the demonstration to be peaceful, anyone traveling in or near the protest location should take caution.
The U.S. Consulate General will be at minimal staffing during the protest.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- Monitor local media for updates
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
U.S. citizens requiring emergency consular assistance can call 098-876-7211.
For information about services to U.S. citizens, please consult American Citizen Services (ACS).
For emergencies, contact the U.S. Embassy or nearest consulate.
- U.S. Embassy Tokyo
Telephone: 03-3224-5000, After-Hours: (03) 3224-5000
- U.S. Consulate General Osaka-Kobe
- U.S. Consulate Nagoya
- U.S. Consulate Fukuoka
- U.S. Consulate General Sapporo
- U.S. Consulate General Naha
- State Department – Consular Affairs
Telephone: +1 (888) 407-4747