The U.S. Embassy in Tokyo encourages Japanese companies interested in opening an office or facility in the United States to attend the 2023 SelectUSA Investment Summit. U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo will host this year’s Summit, which will take place at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland from May 1-4, 2023. It is the highest-profile event in the United States dedicated to promoting foreign direct investment.
Participants from Japan will be able to:
- Explore the exhibition hall featuring EDOs, service providers, industry experts, and international tech startups
- Interact with 50+ states and territories, companies from 70+ markets, speakers, government officials, and more; set up one-on-one or group meetings and make your investment deals happen
- Gather advice and information from policy and industry experts in 100+ sessions, providing you with actionable instruction on everything from developing a workforce to understanding incentives
- Form valuable partnerships with industry partners from across the United States
- Join receptions just for the Japanese delegation
- Join one of two JETRO sponsored site visits or one of 12 SelectUSA Spinoffs to experience what different regions have to offer in terms of business opportunities and industries
The 2023 SelectUSA Investment Summit continues its commitment to feature exciting opportunities with innovation and entrepreneurship at the forefront.
SelectUSA Tech creates opportunities to connect early-stage and startup technology companies to prospects for advancement in the U.S. market. Participants can exhibit at the SelectUSA Tech Networking Pavilion, upload a product and service demo video, apply to pitch in front of a panel of judges and an audience, attend SelectUSA Tech Investment Academy Sessions, and much more.
Select Global Women in Tech (SGWIT): This program aims to promote American competitiveness and technology leadership by attracting talented female leaders in emerging technology sectors to spur economic growth and innovation, as well as to support women’s economic empowerment globally. The SGWIT Mentorship Network, geared towards international women founders, entrepreneurs, and executives in the technology sector, will see its third iteration of programming at the SelectUSA Investment Summit. SGWIT participants will be matched in sessions with an experienced, successful mentor to help them develop a market entry strategy, tailor their product and promotion for success in the U.S. market, gain access to an exclusive networking platform, and hear from successful global women founders.
Addressing Climate Change: The Biden Administration has taken ambitious action to tackle climate change and set the U.S. on the path to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050. SelectUSA recognizes the importance of global climate priorities and has organized sessions at the 2023 Investment Summit to bring together stakeholders in key clean energy and sectors such as advanced batteries, energy storage, civil nuclear energy, offshore wind, and semiconductors.
Join us to be a part of history and take advantage of all the information, innovation, and investment opportunities that the 2023 Investment Summit has in store. Apply now.
Please send questions to SelectUSAJapan@trade.gov.
English Flyer (PDF)