American Citizen Services Unit
U.S. Consulate General Osaka-Kobe
11-5 Nishitenma 2 chome, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-8543 Japan
(Return to Information on Depositions in Japan.)
Public Office Hours
9:00–16:00 Mon-Thu, 9:00-12:00 Fri.
Closed on Japanese and U.S. holidays.
Please note the following when using the deposition rooms at the U.S. Consulate General Osaka-Kobe:
- The room is for your use during the hours of 9:00-16:00 Mon-Thu, except on Japanese and U.S. holidays. For security reasons, all participants must vacate the Consulate building by 16:00.
- Since our deposition rooms face the waiting room for applicants for consular services, please do not take your break in the waiting room, but go outside the building.
- We do not provide any administrative services. Supplies can be purchased and copies can be made at a nearby convenience store.
- The occupancy capacity of the deposition room in Osaka is five people.
- The electric current in Osaka, Japan is the same as that used in the United States: 100V, 60 cycle alternating current. 220-volt appliances require a transformer. Most outlets require a plug with two flat prongs.
- An ethernet internet connection is available at no additional charge.