Chief, American Citizen Services Unit
U.S. Consulate General Osaka-Kobe
11-5 Nishitenma 2 chome, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-8543 Japan
(Return to Information on Depositions in Japan.)
9:00-12:00, 13:30-17:00. Mon-Fri
Closed on Japanese and U.S. holidays.
Please note the following when using the deposition rooms at the U.S. Consulate General Osaka-Kobe:
- We have two deposition rooms, large and small. The room is for your use during the hours of 9:00-12:30 and 13:30-17:00 Mon-Fri, except on Japanese and U.S. holidays. All participants must vacate the deposition room between 12:30-13:30 and the building by 17:00. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance of the Consulate.
- Since our deposition rooms face the waiting room for applicants for consular service, please do not take your break in the waiting room, but go outside the building.
- No pay phone is available in the Consulate building. Please retrieve your mobile phone and make a phone call outside the Consulate building or use a pay phone a few buildings south of the Consulate.
- Copies can be made at a convenience store a few buildings to the south of the Consulate building.
- The small deposition room comfortably accommodates approximately 8 people, and our large deposition room approximately 15 people. The electric current in Osaka, Japan is the same as that used in the United States: 100V, 60 cycle alternating current. 220-volt appliances require a transformer. Most outlets require a plug with two flat prongs.