An official website of the United States government

Emergency Contact Information for U.S. Citizens

Calling for help
In the event of an accident, fire, or medical emergency: Call 119
To contact the police: Call 110  


Emergency Contact – Sapporo, Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka, Naha

If you are an American citizen with a serious emergency in Japan, call the American Citizen Services unit that serves your location.

U.S. Embassy Tokyo
Tel: (03) 3224-5000
From the U.S.: 011-81-3-3224-5000
(Jurisdiction: Tokyo, Chiba, Fukushima, Gunma, Ibaraki, Kanagawa, Nagano, Niigata, Saitama, Shizuoka, Tochigi, Yamagata, and Yamanashi)

U.S. Consulate General Sapporo
Tel: (011) 641-1115
From the U.S.: 011-81-11-641-1115
(Jurisdiction: Akita, Aomori, Hokkaido, Iwate and Miyagi)

U.S. Consulate General Osaka
Tel: (06) 6315-5900
From the U.S.: 011-81-6-6315-5900
(Jurisdiction: Osaka, Aichi, Ehime, Fukui, Gifu, Hiroshima, Hyogo, Ishikawa, Kagawa, Kochi, Kyoto, Mie, Nara, Okayama, Shimane, Shiga, Tokushima, Tottori, Toyama, Wakayama)

U.S. Consulate Fukuoka
Tel: (092) 751-9331
From the U.S.: 011-81-92-751-9331
(Jurisdiction: Fukuoka, Kagoshima, Kumamoto, Miyazaki, Nagasaki, Oita, Saga and Yamaguchi)

U.S. Consulate General Naha
Tel: (098) 876-4211
From the U.S.: 011-81-98-876-4211
(Jurisdiction: Okinawa and the Amami Oshima Island group, which is the southern island group of Kagoshima Prefecture)

After business hours, you will be directed to an officer on duty.

For non-emergency issues, please see our contacts page for addresses, maps and office hours.