An official website of the United States government


The U.S. Embassy/Consulates do not issue Apostilles. This includes authentication for American academic credentials, and state issued documents such as birth/marriage certificates. If you wish to request an Apostille, please contact the Office of Authentication. To have Apostilles issued for Japanese Documents, please contact the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.