An official website of the United States government

Proof of ID

Proof of ID can be demonstrated by the following:

  • U.S. or Foreign passport
  • U.S. or Japanese Driver’s License (with photo)
  • U.S. Military ID
  • State ID (with photo)
  • Alien Resident Card (“Green Card”) from U.S. CIS
  • U.S. Government ID
  • Japanese Residence Card (“Zairyu Card”)
  • Japanese Alien Registration Card (“Gaikokujin Toroku Sho”)
  • Residence Card (“Juki Card”)
  • Individual Number Card (“My Number Card”)

Note: All documents must be valid and original. An ID in a foreign language must be translated into English. However, the translation does not need to be notarized or done by a professional translator.