Proof of U.S. Citizenship can be demonstrated by the following documents below. Military ID cards and social security numbers are NOT proof of citizenship.
Note: all documents must be original – no photocopies.
- A full validity U.S. passport (currently valid or expired)
- U.S. birth certificate (should have parents’ names, a seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office – hospital birth certificates are not acceptable)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240/FS-1350)
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
Please click here to obtain vital records.