International Parental Child Abduction

Japan and the United States have been treaty partners under the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Hague Abduction Convention) since April 1, 2014.

If your child has been abducted from the U.S. to Japan, speak with a U.S. State Department officer to discuss your case. We know what resources are available in different countries and can answer questions. Click for specific information for Japan including emergency contact information.