The Embassy does not store prohibited items for applicants. There is no facility at the Embassy to store such items, so you must make arrangements to store these items elsewhere before you enter. If you arrive with a prohibited item, you will be turned away and asked to make a new appointment.
You are allowed to bring the following items to the U.S. Embassy:
- One Cellphone
- One small purse or bag that can be carried by hand (no larger than 10” x 10”)
- Clear plastic folders containing application-related papers
- Umbrella (which must be stored in the umbrella rack outside the security gate)
- Baby products (milk, diapers, hot water etc.)
- Baby strollers (must leave at a specific location outside the waiting room)
You are NOT allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy while carrying any of the following items:
- Battery-operated or electronic devices such as laptops, iPads, thumb drives, digital diaries, smart watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, or portable music players
- Any luggage or bags larger than the size noted above (10″x10″) such as backpacks, briefcases, travel bags, suitcases.
- Food items
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. In order to keep you from a long wait outside, and to speed up your time at the Embassy, we are restricting the items that our customers can bring to the Embassy. We believe the overall increase in the speed and efficiency of our screening and the shorter time you will be at the Embassy, will be worth it.
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the Embassy. Only applicants with scheduled interviews will be admitted. We are introducing these measures to reduce the amount of time applicants wait in line outside the Embassy.