If you have access to a U.S. Military Base Legal Office that will make CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES of your documents, then you may use the following procedure. Otherwise, you will need to apply with your original documents – click here.
We only accept CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES of documents (NOT affidavit nor notarized copies). Please take your documents to the Legal Officer on a U.S. Military base and have all your documents certified.
- Application Form, SS-5-FS:
- Download, complete, and sign Form SS-5F. (We only need Page 5)
- Child’s U.S. Passport
- Child’s Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Valid ID of the parent who signed the application form
- U.S. passport (make sure you have signed it!)
- Or a U.S. driver’s license / State ID / Military ID
- Or a Japanese passport
* The signature on the application form must be the same as the signature on your ID you are submitting.
Please send the above package to either address:
** Please note: We may ask for additional documents to process your child’s application.