Contact Us – Visa Inquiries

Contact the Visa Section

Due to security requirements and staffing limitations, only those with appointments will be admitted to the Visa Section. We are not able to accept in person requests for visa-related information. Most answers to your visa-related questions can be found on our website.

After reading all the information available on this website and its links, if you still need additional information, please contact us via any of the means shown below. Visa application services call center agents are able to assist you via telephone, email or chat.

Hours of Operation

English- and Japanese-speaking customer service agents are ready to assist you 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Japan Time (JT) Monday through Friday. The call center is closed for U.S. and Japanese holidays.

Telephone:  Please contact a customer service representative using one of these telephone numbers

  • In Japan, please call 050-5533-2737.
  • In the United States, please call: 703-520-2233

Email:  To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to

Chat: To chat with a customer service representative, please click here. Chat software works with Internet Explorer 8.0, Internet Explorer 7.0, Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 2, and Firefox 3.6.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., please click on the Skype icon below, or add a new contact on your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-japan.

Please see call center website for details.

Mailing Address:

Mailing address should be used when you submit required document to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate Japan.  Inquiries cannot be received by mail.  We are unable to answer any questions even if you send us by mail. Please use the Visa Information Service for any visa inquiries .

Immigrant Visa (IV)

U.S. Embassy Tokyo
Visa Branch, Box 114-IV
1-10-5 Akasaka, Minato ku, Tokyo, 107-8420
U.S. Consulate General Naha
Visa Branch
2-1-1 Toyama, Urasoe-City, Okinawa, 901-2101
Address for U.S. military
U.S. Embassy
Consular Section, Unit 9800, Box 114
APO AP 96303-0114, USA


Non-Immigrant Visa (NIV)

U.S. Embassy Tokyo Consular Section
Non-Immigrant Visa Branch
1-10-5 Akasaka, Minato ku, Tokyo, 107-8420
U.S. Consulate General Osaka
Non-Immigrant Visa Branch
2-11-5, Nishitenma, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-8543
U.S. Consulate General Sapporo
Visa Branch
Kita 1-jo Nishi 28-chome,
Chuo-ku, Sapporo, 064-0821
U.S. Consulate Fukuoka
Visa Branch
2-5-26, O-hori Chuo-ku Fukuoka, 810-0052
U.S. Consulate General Naha
Visa Branch
2-1-1 Toyama, Urasoe-City, Okinawa, 901-2101


Lost/Stolen Passport and Visa:

Please send us a form to report any lost or stolen passports and U.S. visas.

Misprint on the Visa: Request for Correction:
To avoid delay in travel, please check the information printed on the visa upon receipt to confirm that it is correct. Biographic information on the visa should match the information found on the passport biographic page. If you notice a misprint on your visa, please submit this form. We will determine the legitimacy of the correction request and provide you further instructions.

Case Status Inquiry:
If you have an inquiry regarding a pending Non-Immigrant/Immigrant Visa Application or an E Treaty/Trader Company Registration request, please submit this form. If you have not applied for a visa and/or have a general visa question, please contact our customer call center at for questions. We are unable to answer general inquiries though this inquiry form.

Electronic System for Travel Authorization(ESTA):
Embassies cannot check the status of an ESTA application, provide details about ESTA denials, or resolve issues caused by an ESTA denial. For this information, please visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website For ESTA corrections, please see Frequently Asked Questions.

Re-Entry Permit

    • To check the status of your re-entry permit application with USCIS, please visit the USCIS site.
    • To check if your re-entry permit has been received:

By the Consulates in Sapporo, Osaka, or Naha, please submit this online inquiry form.