During this period, we will continue to process a limited number of visa applications on an emergency basis. The list below represents the types of visas that are eligible to request an emergency appointment. Once a request is submitted, a visa officer will review the request to determine if it meets the requirements and inform you of the decision.
We may accept emergency visa applications which require an interview for the following purposes of travel/visa categories:
- C1/D visas where travel date is within 14 days
- Urgent travel for E visa applicants that cannot be postponed
- The death or sudden illness of a family member
- Students or exchange visitors whose purpose of travel is to begin or resume a valid program of study in the United States within two weeks
- Medical professionals seeking work in the U.S. on a work or exchange visitor visa (H or J), particularly those working on COVID-19 issues
- Urgent business travel for applicants other than Es to attend a time-sensitive and critical business matter and the request for travel comes from a business/company in the United States
- Fiancé(e) visas for urgent travel if necessary for humanitarian reasons
* Please note that travel for the purpose of attending weddings and graduation ceremonies, assisting pregnant relatives, participating in an annual business/academic/professional conference, or tourism do not qualify for expedited appointments. Furthermore, an ESTA denial does not qualify for an emergency appointment unless combined with one of the other factors listed above.