If you designated to receive your re-entry permit and wish to check if it has been received by the Consulates in Naha or Osaka, please use this online inquiry form.
If you have not yet applied for a reentry permit, you may file Form I-131, Application for Travel Document at USCIS. You should file this application well in advance of your planned trip. Filing instructions and forms are available on the Web site at www.uscis.gov.
How can I check my status?
- Check your “Application/Petition/Request Number”. If you applied for a reentry permit and completed biometrics at a designated Application Support Center (ASC), you will receive the I-797C Notice of Action with a biometrics processing stamp. You will find the number at the top-right of the notice. You can check status of I-131 application on the USCIS website.
- Find your “Application/Petition/Request Number” in the list below. If you find your number on the list, that means the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo has received your re-entry permit. Therefore, please come to the Embassy on Thursday afternoon (excluding Embassy holidays and no-service days), between 2:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. to pick up your Re-entry Permit.Bring the following items:
- Your I-797C, Notice of Action
- Your passport
- Green Card, if applicable
No appointment is required.
Note: If your family will be coming to pick up the Re-entry Permit on your behalf, they will need to bring a letter of permission from you and their valid photo ID, in addition to the above items.
- If you do not find your number in the list, please check this webpage again later. We will update the list as soon as we receive Reentry Permits from the USCIS.
Last updated on September 13, 2019
(Listed in order of number)
(See the top-right of your I-797C.)