Please follow the instructions below to submit your group interview applications to:
U.S. Embassy Tokyo
- List of applicants (One copy): Please include appointment information, applicant’s name, date of birth, and petition number, if applicable.
- Please put each applicant’s application documents in a clear folder. Please make sure the documents are placed in the specified order (PDF 153KB). Please put Point Of Contact (POC) information (name of the agent, school, and telephone number) on the lower right corner of each clear folder and place a sticker labeled “Group” on the center of each clear folder.
Note: Please make sure to attach the appointment confirmation page, which contains the UID number, on the back of each application and make sure the barcode is visible. Please highlight the applicant’s barcode.
- Please set application files in the same order as the names on the applicants’ list, and number them on the clear folder. Please place a number sticker on the upper right corner of each clear folder. If there are many folders, please bind every 10 application files together with a rubber band. On the interview date, we may ask applicants to stand in line according to the number.
- Please do not submit expired passports issued, within the past 10 years, in advance. Applicants must carry their old passports on the day of their interview, and they may show them when requested by the interviewing Consular Officer.
- Application documents must be submitted to the Embassyat least five working days in advance of the interview date. Please submit applications at #10 Window of the Visa Section at the U.S. Embassy Tokyo, Monday through Friday afternoon (excluding Embassy holidays and no-service days), between 2:30 and 3 p.m.
- If you fail to put your documents in the specified order or have incomplete forms, your application may not be accepted. If applications are not accepted in advance, the group interview appointment will be cancelled.
- Please make sure your photo meets the specifications.
- Please list all other names you have used on DS-160.
Passport Return: The representative or travel agent of a group should pick up the applicants’ passports at the U.S. Embassy unless they have a special reason to receive them by mail. If you wish to receive the passports by mail, please indicate so when you request a group interview. Also, when submitting applications, please write “Return by Mail” on the sticker labeled “Group”, which should be put on the center of each clear folder. Please note that these guidelines apply to group interviews only.
U. S. Consulate Osaka
- List of applicants: Applicant name and school name or organization name in U.S. Note: Please attach the appointment confirmation page.
- Please put application documents and passport of each applicant in a clear folder. Please put Point of Contact information (name of the agent or school) on the lower right corner of each clear folder.
- Please set application files in the same order as the names on the applicants’ list. And number them (1, 2, 3, etc) and put “Number” on the upper right corner of each clear folder. On the interview date we may ask applicant to stand in line according to the number.
- Application documents and passports must be submitted to the U.S. Consulate Osaka 10 days before of the interview date. Please submit applications and passports by mail to the U.S. Consulate Osaka.