Due to increased tensions in various locations around the world, the potential for terrorist attacks, demonstrations or violent actions against U.S. citizens and interests, the Department of State advises U.S. citizens overseas to exercise increased caution. U.S. citizens should:
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive information and alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency overseas.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter
For information about services to U.S. citizens, please consult American Citizen Services (ACS).
For emergencies, contact the U.S. Embassy or nearest consulate.
- U.S. Embassy Tokyo
Telephone: 03-3224-5000, After-Hours: (03) 3224-5000
- U.S. Consulate General Osaka-Kobe
- U.S. Consulate Nagoya
- U.S. Consulate Fukuoka
- U.S. Consulate General Sapporo
- U.S. Consulate General Naha
- State Department – Consular Affairs
Telephone: +1 (888) 407-4747